Breastfeeding is essential for a baby, but there are times when this is not possible or even preferred. So if you are bottle feeding, it’s crucial for you to know how to clean baby feeding bottles correctly. The good thing is that you do not need to invest in expensive gadgets to correctly clean and sterilize a baby’s feeding bottle.
We have listed all the steps for you, which will help you in ensuring proper hygiene for the baby. Check out the details below:
How To Clean Baby Feeding Bottles Correctly In 2020
Here are the steps and tips that you need to follow to clean baby feeding bottles
- Disassembling the Bottle – You can start by disassembling the bottle. Remove the cap, nipples, valve, and the seal ring before you begin the washing process. This is important because the yeast can develop between the lid and the valve.
- Dishwasher Friendly Bottles – If the bottle is dishwasher friendly, simply pop the bottle into the dishwasher and run the cycle. You would not have to do anything else after you follow this step. The bottle will come out clean and dry. Also, ensure that you disassemble the bottle before you put it in the dishwasher.
- Hand Wash – If the bottle is not dishwasher friendly, then you need to ensure that you clean them properly immediately after the use. To clean the bottle, you can use soap and water. Also, you must use hot water to clean the bottle. This will kill all the germs.
- Scrubbing and Rinsing – When cleaning the bottle with soap and water, use a bottle brush to clean the bottle. This will help you in removing any kind of residue. Rise the bottle properly to ensure that there are no traces of soap.
- Washing the Nipple – It is important to wash the cap and the nipple properly. To do this, you need to first unassembled the bottle. You can sue a toothbrush to clean the cap properly. Once that is done, you can wash the nipple with the hand. Dry them completely before you think of storing them back.
- Sterilizing – You can also use steam to sterilize the bottles. You can buy a steam bag and use a regular steamer to sterilize the bottle. You can also consider boiling them, and these are certainly an effective way to sterilize the bottles properly. Here’ a link to one of the best baby bottle sterilizers.
How to Hand Wash Baby Feeding Bottles
When you hand, wash your baby feeding equipment, first ensure you are using a washing liquid which is suitable for babies. To be safe, choose an organic product that will not have any harsh ingredients or chemicals in it. Once you have washed out the bottles with soapy water, rinse the bottles and leave to dry. If you are using a tea towel or drying cloth, be sure to use clean cloths when wiping down the bottles.
Best Way To Store Baby Feeding Bottles
After you wash the baby feeding bottle, now you should store it away. Below are the steps to ensure that you are storing the bottle in the best possible way.
- Dry the bottle completely before you start cleaning the bottle. You may find that it is easiest to dry everything bottle related by using a baby bottle drying rack.
- Once the bottle is dry, assemble it back again and store it in a dry place. Do not store it in the place where you have high moisture or where there is any kind of insect infestation or mold.
This was all about cleaning, sterilizing, and storing the baby bottles. The process is simple, and you do not need any expensive gadgets to meet the objective. Thank You.