It doesn’t take long for the baby to start walking and this is certainly one of the biggest milestones for the parents as well as the babies. Once the child learns to walk, he would really enjoy walking around the house and you might find it a little difficult to manage the baby. One thing that you need to take care of is the feet of the baby. We are sure that you do not want the baby’s feet to attract all the dirt around the house.
So, what is the solution? Well, there are several baby walking shoes available which you can use and these walking shoes not only protect the feet of the baby but it will also provide enough grip to the baby so that he doesn’t slip while walking. It is certainly worth purchasing shoes for Babies learning to walk.
You can choose a cute pair of walking shoes for your baby and we are sure that these cute walking shoes will encourage the baby to walk more which in return will aid the development of the baby. One thing to note is that purchasing good quality shoes for the baby are a lot different from purchasing the shoes for an adult. It is a different game altogether and we understand your confusion. To help you, we came up with this article so that we can share buying guide for you and we can also share some of the best rated products with you that are available on the market.
A lot of people question us if the baby walking shoes really has some benefits or if the baby should walk barefoot. To answer this question, we have covered the benefits of baby walking shoes in the next section.
Table of Contents
- Best Buy Baby Walking Shoes Reviews
- 1. Converse Kids’ Chuck Taylor All Star
- 2. Stride Rite SRTech Elliot Bootie
- 3. Robeez Girls’ Soft Soles, Traditional Silhouette
- 4. Keds girls Champion Lace Toe Cap Sneaker
- 5. Josmo Boys’Ernie Booties
- 6. Lidiano Baby Non Slip Rubber Sole Cartoon Walking Slippers
- 7. Baby Deer High Top Leather First Walker
- 8. Kuner Baby Boys Girls Cotton Rubber Sloe Outdoor Sneakers
- 9. Baby Shoes Boy Girl Infant Sneakers Non-Slip First Walkers
- 10. THEE BRON Infant Toddler Baby Soft Sole Leather Shoes
- Baby Shoes Buying guide – What to look for it?
- Children’s Feet and Shoes
What Are The Benefits of Using Baby Walking Shoes?
- The fact is that the babies do not need shoes if they have just started standing or if they have just started talking a couple of steps. This is because of the fact that the baby is still developing sensory information initially but the baby would need walking shoes once he starts walking a little.
- The shoes protect the feet of the baby which is absolutely necessary and it is also important to ensure that the shoes are not tight for the baby. The shoes will protect the feet from any unnatural substance that can injure the baby.
- You can choose to talk the baby out for a walk in the playground once he starts walking and this is when the baby walking shoes become extremely important. This is also true for walking in malls or accompanying you anywhere else.
- Another thing that you need to ensure is that you should not let the baby walk a lot in socks. This is because the socks can make it really slipper for the baby which increases the risk of a fall.
- The shoes will also protect the baby from the dirt and other unknown substances that are on the floor. If you live in a place where the temperature can get really cold then the shoes will also provide some insulation for the baby and it will prevent the baby from catching a cold.
- Lastly, the shoes will promote a lot of physical activity. The kids are attracted to lights and sound so if you choose shoes that come with these features then your baby would be encouraged to walk even more which itself is really good for the development of the baby.
With all these benefits, we are sure that you are ready to invest in a good pair of baby walking shoes. Let us now have a look at 10 Best Baby Walking Shoes of the year that help the child in walking with confidence without a scare of being injured.
Best Buy Baby Walking Shoes Reviews
1. Converse Kids’ Chuck Taylor All Star
The first one on our list is from Converse and this is certainly one of the best brands available in the market. The shoes are available in 5 different colors which are suitable for girls as well as boys. In addition to this, the shoes have good grip and they are made of 100% textile. The sole is made of rubber with deep grooves to provide support and stability to the baby while he is walking.
In terms of the closure, the shoes come with double Velcro to fasten the shoes. The canvas looks classic and the socks lining is made of special soft foam in order to ensure that the child doesn’t get any rashes while walking. These are certainly an adorable pair of shoes.
- Available in 5 different colors
- One of the best brand and best quality shoes
- Comes with soft foam sock liner to provide enough comfort for babies
- Nothing we could notice
2. Stride Rite SRTech Elliot Bootie
Next on the list are walking shoes from Stride Rite. These shoes are a little expensive but we believe that they are one of the best that you can find in the market. The shoes have a rubber sole but apart from this, they are made of leather. The shoes also have a moisture-wicking leather which gives comfort to the baby. The foot bed is made of self-molding material and the heel cradles are contoured. These things aid natural growth of the foot of the baby.
The outer sole also has sensory pods that let the baby gain the sensory knowledge of the surface that he is walking on this. The sensor pods are something that is really rare to find.
- Made of 100% leather which offers optimal protection to baby
- Comes with self molded foot bed to help the baby in getting a natural shape
- The outer sole has sensory pods.
- Slightly expensive pair of shoes
3. Robeez Girls’ Soft Soles, Traditional Silhouette
If you have a baby girl then you can consider these shoes from Robeez as well. The advantage of these shoes is that the bottom sole is made of soft leather which protects the feet but at the same time, it also helps the baby in gaining a sensory understanding of the material he is walking upon. There are 4 colors available in these shoes and they are all very cute.
The shoes are also quite roomy which ensures that there is enough space for the feet and it doesn’t feel restrictive for the baby. The ankles have elastic so you do not have to worry about tying the laces. Overall, these are something that you can opt for if you are worried about the natural growth of the baby’s feet.
- Comes with slip-resistant leather sole
- Approved by American Podiatric Medical Association
- The sole is soft which helps the baby in gaining sensory information
- Not available for boys
4. Keds girls Champion Lace Toe Cap Sneaker
The next on our list is a pair of shoes from Kids. They are unisex shoes as they are available in white color. The main construction material is leather whereas the sole is made of synthetic material. The out sole of these shoes is quite flexible which helps the baby in walking.
Getting into more detail, the shoes come with a foot bed that is made of memory foam. The advantage of this memory foam is that it takes the shape of the foot and hence the child finds it easier to walk. For the closure, the shoes have a lace system. If your child often removes the shoes by himself while he is out, you might want to consider these shoes because of the laces.
- Available in an affordable range
- Lightweight shoes with terrycloth lining and synthetic sole
- Comes with a memory foam footbed
- No color options available for these shoes
5. Josmo Boys’Ernie Booties
While the baby is learning to walk, the ankle twists are common and well, this is how the baby learns. Shoes with high ankle support can prove to be of great help and this is one such product that will satisfy your needs. The shoes themselves are made of leather and you can use these shoes every day.
The only point that you might want to consider is that the shoe may feel a little restrictive because of the high ankles. It takes a few minutes to put on this shoe and the closure system is based on the laces. The color options available in huge and this is one of the best parts about purchasing these shoes from Josmo.
- Has high ankle support which prevents ankle twists
- Available in 10 stylish colors
- Very affordable
- Some parents may find it restrictive.
6. Lidiano Baby Non Slip Rubber Sole Cartoon Walking Slippers
If you are looking for something simple and affordable then check out these shoes from Lidiano. The fact is that the feet of the child grows very quickly and in such a case, you can opt for these baby walking shoes as they are very affordable. They are available in nice cartoon designs and you choose between 12 options available. You can also choose between the different sizes available.
The material used to manufacture these shoes is artificial leather along with the rubber. The closure system is made of Velcro which makes it easy for the child to remove the shoes himself. The designs available are suitable for boys as well as for girls. Overall, you can choose these walking shoes without any doubt about the quality.
- One of the most affordable product in our list
- Made of artificial leather and rubber
- The soft material makes the child feel comfortable
- Nothing as such
7. Baby Deer High Top Leather First Walker
On number 7, we have a pair of leather baby walking shoes from Baby Deer. These are high quality shoes that are made of crepe sole and the shaft of the shoe measures 3 inches from the arch. The shoes are highly fashionable but they are available only in white color. These shoes can be worn by the boys as well as by girls. The girl offered by the sole is quite amazing and it ensures that the baby doesn’t slip even when he is walking on the slope.
The closure system is secured by the laces and this again has its own advantages as well as disadvantages. Overall, the shoes are reliable and they are available in the mid-range when we consider the price of the shoes.
- Has high top to support ankles
- Made of 100% leather
- Rubber sole provides amazing grip to the child while he is learning to walk
- No color options available
8. Kuner Baby Boys Girls Cotton Rubber Sloe Outdoor Sneakers
On number 8, we have a pair of shoes from Kuner. These are outdoor sneakers and they are available in as many as 16 designs. The shoes are made of cotton and they are manufactured using strict quality control measures. The shoes can easily be worn by the baby himself as the shoes have a Velcro closure system which is coupled with an elastic ankle band.
The bottom sole is soft and flexible which helps the child in perceiving the sensory information about the surface that he is walking on. The advantage is that this helps the child in understanding the different surfaces. These are certainly affordable and good quality shoes that you can easily rely upon.
- Made of soft cotton and perfect for toddlers
- Available in 16 designs and colors
- Has a soft bottom which is made of non-slip material
- Not suitable for the surface with rocks
9. Baby Shoes Boy Girl Infant Sneakers Non-Slip First Walkers
Another great product on our list is from BMCiTYBM. These shoes are great for the kids as they are made of breathable mesh fabric and at the same time, they are also made of a non-slip sole. The area around the ankle feels like socks because of the elastic fabric and the closure system in these shoes is made of Velcro.
The shoes also have a toe cap which can prevent any incident of painful toe injury because of the collision. These shoes can be bought for boys and girls because of the fact that they are available in 9 different colors. We are sure that you will be able to find the right color for your baby.
- Available in really amazing designs with a sporty look
- Has a toe cap which protects the toe in case of a collision
- The shoes are made of breathable fabric and hence it prevents sweating
- Not for kids learning to walk
10. THEE BRON Infant Toddler Baby Soft Sole Leather Shoes
If you are looking for bellies for your daughter then this could be the end of the search for you. These are not walking shoes but they are bellies made of super soft material. The closure system depends on the design you choose and you may get a buckle or a Velcro system. The bellies look amazing with a dress and they are perfect for the time when you are taking your kid to a social gathering.
The rubber sole ensures a proper grip that doesn’t slip at all and at the same time, the shoes are made of breathable insole which offers the optimal comfort to the baby. These bellies are not just for the kids who can walk but it is also for the pre-walkers and the kids who are still learning to walk.
- Available in 11 designs and colors
- Quite an affordable option
- Has a breathable insole with Velcro/buckle closure system
- Only for girls
Let us now look at the buying guide this will help you in understanding the type of baby walking shoes that you need.
Baby Shoes Buying guide – What to look for it?
There are certain things that you must consider while purchasing shoes for babies learning to walk and this will help you in ensuring that you choose the most comfortable product for your baby. These points that you need to consider are listed below
- The first thing that you need to consider is the type of shoes that you wish to buy. This may include shoes that come with laces, Velcro, buckles or even snaps. Now, we would personally recommend you to opt for Velcro or Snaps type shoes as this makes it easy for baby to learn himself. As Velcro is easy to adjust and easy to use, the baby learns quickly and he is not dependent on you for tying laces every time.
- The next thing to check for is padding. Ensure that the shoes have good padding around the ankle because this is where many shoes may cause trouble for the baby. Inadequate padding may cause rashes and we are sure that you do not want that.
- Pay some special attention to the sole of the shoes. Ensure that the sole is flexible and it doesn’t bend easily. In addition to this, ensure that the sole is flat so that the baby gets enough support and stability while stepping on the floor. Another thing that you must care about is the grip. There should be enough grooves on the sole so that the baby gets good grip and he doesn’t slip or slides on any surface.
- Size is yet another thing that you need to check. Most of the e-commerce sites will give you a size guide and considering the guide will help you in ensuring that that the shoes are a good fit. A smaller size may bend the toes of the baby while the bigger size may lead to tripping. Always opt for the exact size even if that means purchasing new shoes after few months.
- You can also look for the shoes that make certain sound while the baby is walking or you can choose the ones which have integrated light system in them when the baby walks. The advantage of such shoes is that the baby will be attracted to them and it will increase the activity levels for the baby. This also includes choosing the right graphics and right color for the baby.
- The last thing that you might want to consider is the cost of the shoes and the brand. Do not buy something that is very expensive because you would anyways end up buying something new in 6 months but do not compromise on the quality as well. You must also check out the reviews of the baby walking shoes as this will help you in ensuring that you purchase the right product for your baby.
This was the short buying guide for baby walking shoes and we are sure that considering these points will help you in purchasing the best shoes in the market.
Children’s Feet and Shoes
Every child is born with very sensitive skin and it is a well-known fact that a child’s leg is one of the most sensitive parts of his/her body.This is one of the major reasons why protection should be offered to his/her legs while they start walking.
Most commonly children start walking between the age of 8 to 18-months and there is one of the most important things that most of the people often don’t know is that when a child is born he/she has a flat-foot and the feet tend to turn inward with the strengthening of muscles and bones.
Most commonly the child’s bone, muscles, and ligaments grow and strengthen with all other body development. You can notice the changes once the kid tries to walk. If you notice any difference or if you are concerned about his/her feet development, we recommend that you consult a podiatrist.
Importance of a child wearing shoes
As mentioned above, the development of kids muscles, ligaments, and bones can be noticed easily, however, there is something that you should know. The child learns to walk based on the sensory information the feet sends to the kid’s brain and the child’s feet is comparatively very sensitive than a teenager’s or adults. You should know that, if the child’s feet are not protected, it could result in severe damages and toddlers find it impossible to handle pain.
There is a common assumption that once the child wears a shoe, he/she cannot feel the ground and it disrupts the feet development, this assumption is not true. However, using poorly designed and manufactured shoes can cause harm than good, but if you choose the best shoes designed for toddler’s and children, then it can offer protection and at the same time help the kid walk.
The best shoes for children comes with these qualities and features
- Soft and smooth sole
- Comfortable size, the shoes should not be too big or too small than the child’s feet
- The shoe should have a design that offers plenty of free space for the toes
- Avoid shoes with laces, straps, and artwork. They restrict free movement and steal the child’s attention.
- Never go for shoes with heels
- The front portion of the shoe should be wider than the heel portion, if you watch carefully, you will find the shape of the child’s feet to be the same.
- The shoes should have a solid heel counter to protect his/her heel
Do you think that expensive shoes are always the best and are you planning to purchase the most expensive shoe for your child? If so, we forbid you, remember the simple fact that not all expensive products are the best, rather than blindly going for an expensive shoe, check the shoe, its specifications, and if the shoe has all the features mentioned above. If you find the shoe to satisfy the above-mentioned features, then go for it, or else avoid purchasing it.
This was all the information about the baby walking shoes. We have listed the buying guide which will help you in choosing the right baby walking shoes and he has also listed the benefits of baby walking shoes. These two factors would surely help you with the buying decision. We also understand that it can be really difficult to choose the baby walking shoes even with all this information so to make it easier, we also listed the best products available in the market.
You can check out those shoes and you can also check out the pros and cons of those shoes while you are shortlisting the baby walking shoes. In addition to this, you can check out more details about the baby walking shoes by visiting the product page of each shoe. This will also help you in checking the best deal available on the shoes.
So, do not wait and order for the best pair of baby walking shoes for your baby while he learns to walk. Remember to check the size every few weeks and upgrade the shoes if the size doesn’t fit the baby at any point in time.