Are you ready to go for a stroll with your child? If yes, then a stroller and a car seat could be key. Thanks to the genius who designed the first baby travel system. Most of the parents fancy the idea of a travel system as with the help of such baby travel systems one can easily carry around the newly-born or young toddlers even without the need to wake them up from sleep.
The baby travel system comprises a car seat that clips onto a matching stroller; this means one can make a single purchase and get both the essentials. We’re here to review the best baby travel system of 2020.
If you have to take your child out of your car, but without waking him/her up, then you might need a baby travel system.A baby travel system guarantees that the car seat and the stroller will work great together. You just need to unclip the car seat from the base and snap it onto the stroller and you are ready to go!
With a wide variety of models and brands available in the market, it becomes difficult to select a single trustworthy product. Need not to worry; we have written this article to ease your work. We have curated a list of some of the best baby travel systems that can be bought. We have described each one of them briefly.
Furthermore, we have also included the buyer’s guide. The buyer’s guide is intended to inform the readers about the essential pointers that are needed to be considered while purchasing a baby travel system. So, go ahead and give this article a good read.
What’s The Best Baby Travel System in 2020?
1. Baby Trend Expedition Jogger Travel System
The Baby Trend Expedition Travel System consists of the 3 wheeled Jogger stroller and EZ Flex-Lock Infant Car Seat (along with a lock-in base of the car), which is a combination of one of the best stroller and baby car seats.
Talking about the stroller, the thing that is remarkable about it is the ease of handling. The stroller highlights a swivel wheel (front) which is lockable for jogging, the wheel can be unlocked to provide ease in strolling. The tires of the stroller are perfect for all-terrain rides and have a quick-release attribute that provides extra-compact storage.
Also, The stroller has a large storage basket, a parent tray along with two cup-holders. The push handle of the stroller is wide enough, it has an ergonomic shape and padded with foam. Also, there is an adjustable canopy consisting of a peek-a-boo window, it can protect your baby from wind and sun.
Let us talk about the features of the infant car seat. For increased security of your child, the car seat comes equipped with a LATCH system base. The car seat also comes with a 5-point safety harness system. The car seat can easily be detached from the car and attached to the stroller. Moreover, the car seat features energy-absorbing foam (EPS) that provides a greater side-impact head-protection to the child.
If your baby’s safety and comfort is your first priority, then, by all means, the Baby Trend Expedition Jogger Travel System is the best option for you.
2. Safety 1st Smooth Ride Travel System
The Safety 1st Smooth Ride Travel System has been adjudged as excellent in terms of crash safety by the Consumer Reports. The travel system will make strolling easy for you, it will eliminate all the hassles that occur while using other strollers. The stroller wheels are completely agile and offer utmost maneuverability around the corners. You can easily put your baby stroller into the park with the help of flip-flop friendly brakes.
The car seat has an in-built safety which exceeds the ASTM and Federal standards (35209089, 2018, Juvenile Products Manufacturers Association), this means your child is safe during the road travels. The stroller is light-weighted and easy-to-carry, this will take care of both your and your child’s comfort. The car is aeroplane ready, it comes equipped with a LATCH system. Plus, the base can be adjusted to fit correctly to your car.
If you truly want to enjoy your out-and-about time with your child, then the Safety 1st Smooth Ride Travel System could be the best option for you. This travel system has got everything that you need.
3. Baby Trend EZ Ride 35 Travel System
If you are a parent of a newly-born child who is looking for a good Baby travel system, then, the Baby Trend EZ Ride 5 Travel System could be the perfect choice for you.
This baby travel system includes the new Ally 35 Infant Car Seat and the EZ Ride Stroller. You would be happy to know that both the infant car seat and the stroller feature a 5-point safety harness, this will ensure the utmost level of safety for your baby. The travel system is built to offer convenience to the parents. It also offers comfort and protection to your baby, which is the topmost priority of every parent. The stroller of this travel system has a padded seat that can be reclined at multiple positions. Also, there is a soft and head support that is compatible to be used in either the stroller or car seat.
One covered parent tray (with two deep cup-holders), one handle (height-adjustable) and a canopy is consisting of a peek-a-boo window. What else do you need from a baby travel stroller? The car seat (rear-facing) is suitable for newborns between 5 to 35 pounds. The car seat is specifically engineered with deeper, higher side wings. It has an EPS foam that provides side impact protection to your baby. Considering all the features, this baby travel system is worth every penny.
4. Evenflo Pivot Modular Travel System
The Evenflo Pivot Modular Travel System is one of those multi-purpose travel strollers that you have been searching for. This brand offers you a distinctive combo of the stroller, multi-purpose carriage, and car seat. The stroller has a durable construction. It includes the Sarema Infant Car Seat and a Safe Zone Base. The Sarema Infant Car Seat is known for an anti-rebound bar, the same bar can limit the volume of rebound movement which is mostly experienced in the frontal impact.
The travel system has such a modular frame that can be configured up-to six modes for usage. Plus, it has a reversible nature, and its rear-facing height is between 17 and 32 inches, this allows the baby to face in easily and out whenever required. The car seat is compatible to be converted into a travel system, carriage, and stroller modes.
The car seat integrates with a belt lock-off system that is intended to provide peace of mind to the parents. This makes sure the base is correctly and securely installed. In addition, all the Evenflo strollers and car seats consist of ParentLink customer-service perks like free live video installation support and real-time chat. All the above features make this travel system a marvelous product.
5. Graco Modes Bassinet Travel System
The Graco Modes Bassinet Travel System is one of those baby travel systems that grow with babies from an infant stage to the toddler stage. The travel system has a 3 in 1 full-featured stroller, fair enough to be called “versatile”. It includes three different riding choices for infants and toddlers: 1. Infant car seat carrier, 2. Infant bassinet, 3. Toddler stroller. This baby travel system is suitable for babies that weigh up to 50 lbs.
The seat of the stroller is entirely reversible, and this allows the child to face the world. Certain additional (upgraded) characters include one-handed standing fold feature, locking front swivel wheels (for increased maneuverability), a storage tray for parents, a pivoting child’s tray (with cup holders). This baby travel system consists of the top-rated Graco SnugRide SnugLock 35 Infant Car Seat (rear-facing). This travel system is just perfect for you and your baby.
6. Maxi-Cosi Zelia 5-In-1 Modular Travel System
Every newly-born child brings the thrilling assurance of a new future, Maxi-Cosi Zelia 5-In-1 Modular Travel System is a creative solution to parenting. The brand Maxi-Cosi ensures that the precious little ones are carried in the most comfortable and safest way possible.
With the Zelia 5-in-1 modular travel system parents can freely travel wherever they want to. The travel system comes equipped with the stay-in-car base, Maxi-Cosi Mico 30 Infant car seat, and a Zelia stroller which is easy-to-maneuver. The Zelia stroller is stylish and lightweight at the same time. The system has five modes of usage, which deliver a topmost level of comfort to both the baby and parent.
The carriage mode has the capability to recline fully, this will allow the baby to rest soundly. The Mico 30 Car seat can be easily attached to the stroller. The flip-out visor and expanding canopy protects the child from sunlight, while the peek-a-boo window allows the parent to stay connected to their child. Plus, plenty of storage space is available in the spacious basket for accessories and personal items. There is so much more for you to discover.
7. Britax Pathway & B-Safe 35 Travel System
Once you purchase the Britax Pathway & B-safe 35 Travel System, there is no going back to any other travel system. This baby travel system combines the Britax b safe 35 infant car seat with base, the Britax pathway lightweight stroller, and the Britax car seat adapters in a single box. Both the stroller and the car seat feature colorful and bold patterns. Your child can peek out from below a peek-a-boo UV 50+ canopy. The Britax pathway baby stroller has a lightweight, which makes the transport easy, the stroller is maneuverable; The 4-wheeled Swivel front design allows the parents to stroll without any extra effort.
There is a linked parking brake that locks both the rear wheels in one single step. It is a kind of one-hand-fold stroller offering an all-wheel suspension technology that provides a comfortable and smooth ride. There are an extra-large basket and a zippered storage pocket which makes it easy to carry along everything your baby requires. Britax especially engineers the b safe 35 infant car seat with the top-notch safety technology.
8. Chicco Bravo Trio Travel System
If you are looking for a baby travel system for your older toddlers and babies, then, The Chicco Bravo stroller is created just for you, it has a quick-fold feature. This travel system features a 5-point harness, a reclining backrest that can work in multiple positions, a child tray (with 2 cup holders), and a large canopy (adjustable). For infants, the travel system consists of the Chicco Keyfit 30 infant car seat with a clack-in attachment through the child tray. The backrest and the stroller seat can be detached easily in a single piece, leaving the lightweight stroller frame behind for the seat of the car.
The Chicco Bravo Trio travel system comprises the number one rated Chicco Keyfit 30 infant car seat, which can accommodate babies that are between 4 to 30 lbs. The key fit 30 is one of the easiest infant car seats that install accurately, securely and simply every single time.
9. Baby Jogger City Mini GT Travel System
The Baby Jogger strollers are specifically designed by some parents. From the Summit X3 and the City Mini line to the City Select, this Baby Jogger provides a stroller for every need and every terrain. This allows the parents and babies to live an everyday life actively. You can take your baby in this Baby Jogger City Mini travel system from the playground to the park, the midtown to the museum. The stroller offers easy-to-use features.
The Baby Jogger Travel System combines the City Go infant car seat with City Mini GT so that you can securely bring your toddler along with you for all of the adventures. The car seat gets installed securely and easily with/without the base, this makes it easier for the parents to go from cab to car very easily. The stroller features a quick and simple compact-fold (one-hand).
The Stroller features an extended canopy, all-terrain wheels, hand brake, and telescoping handlebar which can turn your life much comfortable and easier with the little one.
10. Gb Lyfe Travel System
This Gb Lyfe Travel System is functional, yet elegant, it has a pram-style seating which can easily be transformed for four different modes of usage. For toddlers, the travel system comes equipped with a GB Asana35 LTE Infant Car Seat which can effortlessly go from the stroller frame to the car. There is a full-recline pram mode that provides a cosy place for the baby to nap.
Parents can keep their connection with the babies by using the parent-facing seat; there is also a forward-facing seat that lets the baby take in the world. Additionally, the expandable airflow canopy allows the child to travel even the longest strolls comfortably. By all means, the overall performance of the Gb Lyfe Travel System is appreciative.
Things To Consider When Purchasing a Baby Travel System
The idea of carrying babies is considered quite outdated in this modern era. If you are a parent, why don’t you provide something new to your child which can be comfortable and attractive to both you and your child? Is it not more convenient for you to hold your baby in a baby travel system? Similarly, babies also find it more comfortable to get held by a baby travel system instead of being constantly held on the arms.
One of the best things about baby travel systems is that they are easily accommodated and travel-friendly. Before buying a baby travel system, you need to consider a few pointers that effectively prove to have the utmost importance in child safety and comfort. We have mentioned below some essential pointers that are needed to be considered while buying a baby travel system:
Consider your requirements and preferences:
- The first thing you need to decide while purchasing a baby travel system is whether you require separate pieces of the travel system or a combo. The combo includes the following three pieces: the stroller, the car seat, and the base for the car seat to snap into (the base stays inside the car).
- The advantages of purchasing a car seat and a stroller combo are that all of the pieces are already meant to work together. You will not need to do the shopping for individual pieces.
- Sometimes, you may find an adorable car seat or a practical stroller and you definitely will not want to miss your chance of grabbing them separately. Always be mindful in such situations, you will require an adapter. Don’t forget to make sure that the car seat and the stroller you like are compatible with each other or else look for an adapter for them to work together.
What should you select first?
Always choose a car seat first. The car seat has maximum importance. Consider the following few things before you make your decision:
- Does the car seat have a five-point safety harness?
- Does the car seat have a light-weight?
- Is the car seat easy to carry? There are various ergonomic handles to carry the car seat. We recommend our reader to choose such car seat handles that allow for a natural grip.
- Does the car seat have a canopy? Canopies are probably one of the most utilized features of any car seat. Canopies are not only good for preventing the bright sunlight from reaching your child’s face but they are a crucial safety feature of the car seats. Babies can windburn and sunburn very quickly, canopies keep the babies protected.
- Does the car seat make noise while getting in or out of the base? Having such a combo of car seat/base that makes noise is not ideal. This may disturb your baby’s sleep.
- Can the car seat be installed without its base for making the moving between vehicles easier? Many car seats may be used without a base; this is because they have a LATCH system. The LATCH system makes the car seat safety to be used without a base. But you have to make sure that your car has a LATCH system. A LATCH system is the best alternative to securing the car seat with a seat belt. However, the system is quite complicated.
Things to consider when choosing the Stroller:
Strollers are available in a different variety from light-weight, or full size with numerous bonus features, to the jogging strollers. The important pointers to consider when selecting your stroller are:
- Does the stroller fold up easily and quickly? A stroller should be one-hand fold-up, such strollers are practical when your hands are busy with your child.
- Does the stroller fit inside the car? Most seats are wider and the strollers do not fit well in such tight areas (for example – third seats of SUV).
- Is the stroller bulky or heavy? Heavy strollers are sturdy and well-built.
- Does the stroller steer well? The perfect travel system strollers can turn into a dime (to easily fit in between the racks of clothing at a mall).
- Consider the weight and size of the stroller. The weight and size of the stroller depend upon your preferences and requirements. We recommend our reader to go for a trial before making a decision. If the stroller is too bulky or heavy, it can turn the travel time hard. In such a case, one should prefer the models that boast “compact” and “lightweight”. However, if reliability is more crucial to you than the weight, then you should prefer a sturdy stroller that can withstand the test-times.
- Another essential consideration is the size of the stroller wheels. Many strollers consist of small wheels, which is ideal for city life while others feature a larger wheel (tire-like) the bigger wheels are better for all-terrain usage. Although, it is difficult to fit a large wheeled stroller inside a small car.
Choose the product on the basis of your budget:
The average price of a highly-rated travel system stroller is around $400, although the options range from $100 to $800 or even more. The light-weighted strollers have a reasonable price range and are affordable while the full-featured strollers may have a heftiest price-tag.
You should consider if you are planning to have one or more babies if you are planning for more than one baby, then you can use the same baby travel system. In such a case, your extra investment may be worth an excellent quality baby travel system which will last for a long period.
Some important features that you may want to look for:
- Does the baby travel system consist of a peek-a-boo window? This will allow you to check on your child.
- How much storage is actually required? Look at the amount of storage that is available in the baby travel system.
- Colour and design scheme: Purchase something that you like. There are numerous colors from which you can choose. You can either pick a pretty, flashy, sleek, something that blends in.
- Do you need a cup holder in your baby’s travel system? Consider if you need a cup holder to hold your child’s milk or water cups.
Bottom line: Now, at the end of this article, we have offered sufficient information for you to select the apt baby travel system for your baby. We are sure that one of the products we mentioned would be compatible with your child’s needs. Baby travel systems are meant to eliminate the hassle that usually occurs while carrying the baby outside of the home.
With the baby travel system, one can easily carry his/her napping baby around the market, holiday trips, morning walks, and other places. We hope you have carefully read the information that we have provided in the article. If you purchase one of the above baby travel systems, it would surely help you to enjoy the trip with your baby. We hope you select a comfortable and eye-catching baby travel system.