When a baby is firstborn, they spend almost 20 hours a day sleeping, which is why you want your baby to sleep in the best baby cribs. This is important as while baby sleeps, they are developing. To ensure that the baby gets good quality sleep, their baby crib should be comfortable, and of course, it should be safe.
Today, there are different types of cribs available in the market, and all these factors make a choice difficult. In such a case, what do you do? How do you choose a crib that is comfortable for your baby? What do you do when the baby grows old?
Well, the first thing is that you choose the type of baby crib that you want, and depending on that, you can go ahead and consider other factors while buying the baby crib. Do not worry about spending money because once the baby grows up, you can even trade the crib as many people look for a used crib.
Coming back to point, how do you end up with the best baby crib? Well, we have the answer because here is the list of consumer reports for the top 10 baby cribs available in the market.
But first, you should know the different types of baby cribs available:
Different Types of Baby Crib
Before you look at the best products in the market, it is suggested to check out the different types of baby cribs available in the market. This will help you in understanding the kind of crib that you wish to buy. So, here are more details regarding the different types of baby cribs available in the market.
- Standard Cribs – This is the most basic type of crib available in the market with no additional features. These types of cribs are very cheap, and they are also easy to assemble. On the downside, they do not offer features, or they are too difficult to move. Moreover, you can’t use them as anything else but a crib.
- Convertible Cribs – Convertible cribs are one of the most popular cribs available in the market. They can be converted to something else as your baby grows. You get 3 in 1 and 4 in one convertible as standard these days; however, you will also find 5 in 1 convertible crib. These cribs can be converted to a day bed, a toddler bed, a complete full-size bed or a sofa with the help of additional conversion kid. These are a very cost-effective option for people.
- Multi-function Crib – This is another type of modern design for the cribs, and they have also gained a lot of popularity. The multi-function crib is somewhat like a convertible crib, but the crib can’t be used as another piece of furniture simultaneously. For example, a multipurpose crib would have a set of drawers or a table, which basically increases the utility factor of the crib.
- Travel Cot – If you need to travel and if you need a crib for your baby to sleep, then you can opt for a travel cot. These types of cots can be folded into a bag easily, which offers you an option to travel with the baby crib. In addition to this, they are lightweight as well. One thing that you need to take care of is that these cribs can’t be used on a regular
- Portable Crib – If you think that the baby’s room does not have a lot of space, then you can opt for a portable baby crib. The main advantage of this type of crib is that they are easily movable so you can move the crib to your room or to the living room so as to monitor the baby. Some of the portable baby cribs can also be folded for the purpose of storage.
These are the different types of cribs available in the market. Let us now look at the top list of good-rated baby cribs.
Best Baby Cribs Reviews
Here is the list of the top-rated Baby Cribs that you can purchase in this year now
1. DaVinci Kalani 4-in-1 Convertible Crib, Espresso
If you are looking for a convertible crib, then your search for a beautiful and affordable baby crib would end up right here. This is the best available baby crib in the market, which is manufactured by DaVinci.
You can choose to purchase the convertible kits along with the crib, and that would allow you to convert the crib into a toddler bed, a full-size bed or a daybed. The crib is made of pinewood, and the manufacturer has taken special care to ensure that the material and polish used is safe for the baby.
In terms of dimensions, the dimensions are 52.125 x 28.125 inches. In addition to this, the crib also meets the ASM International and CPSC safety standards. There are two styles available in the product, and it is available in 7 colors, which can easily match the interiors of the child’s room. Since this is a convertible crib, you do not have to worry about what to do with the furniture once the child grows old as you can convert the crib into a full-size bed. Lastly, the manufacturer also offers a one year warranty on this baby crib, which makes it really reliable.
- Also, check for The 10 Best Crib Mattresses
2. Union 2-in-1 Convertible Crib, Lagoon
At number 2, we have a baby crib from Union, and this crib also meets ASTM as well as CPSC safety standards. This means that the crib is 100% safe to use. In addition to this, the paint used on the crib is a non-toxic paint which is also free from phthalate and lead.
The advantage of this crib from Union is that it can be converted to a day bed during the day time and during the night time, you can convert it back to a crib. The material used to make this crib is New Zealand Pine Wood.
The crib comes with four adjustable levels for the mattress and talking about the dimensions. The crib has dimensions of 53.5 x 30.5 x 33.5 inches, which are more of standard dimensions. This crib is available in 7 colors, and there are some really bright colors to choose from as well. It should be noted that if you wish to use this crib as a day bed, then you would have to purchase the conversion kit, which is sold separately. As per the information available, this crib comes with a 1-year standard warranty, which secures your investment in the crib.
3. Storkcraft Tuscany 4-in-1 Convertible Crib
It is certainly better to buy 4 in 1 crib even though they are a little expensive at the beginning, but you have more benefits and utility of a 4 in 1 convertible crib. If you are not able to find the right 4 in 1 crib until now, then this should be the end of your search.
This is one of the best 4 in 1 convertible crib available in the market, which can be converted to a toddler bed, day bed, and a full bed. You would have to invest in a little more to purchase the convertible kits, but the crib is loaded with many other features. Once your child grows old, you can convert the crib into full bed using the extension, which also saves the investment required to purchase furniture in later stages.
The mattress is also height adjustable with three different settings, and the finish of the crib is quite amazing even from the future use perspective. This crib is available in 5 different colors, which include grey, white, black, cherry, and espresso. The material used here is wood, and lastly, the dimensions of this convertible crib are 54.2 x 33 x 43 inches.
4. Delta Children Canton 4-in-1 Convertible Baby Crib
Delta is another such brand that has an excellent reputation in the baby crib market, and if you are looking for something specific from Delta, then this could be the best purchase for you. From a price perspective, this is a little expensive when compared to other products on our list.
Also, you get to choose between buying just the crib or buying a set of the crib and the mattress. Just like other 4 in 1 crib, this can also be converted to a day bed, toddler bed, or a full bed if you choose to purchase additional attachments.
Having an adjustable height mattress is more of a standard feature now, and this crib is equipped with the same. The crib is very safe to use since it has been certified by ASTM and CPSC. The dimensions of this product are 54.25 x 35.25 x 43.25 inches. If you purchase this from Amazon, then you also get some of the free replacement parts for the crib. Talking about the colors, it is available in 5 different colors, and the crib comes with the standard warranty of 1 year. You can surely choose this crib for your baby, and this product is also straightforward to assemble.
5. Graco Benton 5-in-1 Convertible Crib
You would have come across several 4 in 1 and 3 in 1 baby cribs in the market, but what if you get a 5 in 1 crib at almost the same price? Well, Graco Benton 5 in 1 convertible crib can grab your attention because of the utility factor it offers. The crib can also be used as a toddler bed, full bed, or day bed.
You would undoubtedly need separate attachments while converting the crib to any other thing, but they are worth a purchase. The features and the dimensions of this crib are standard ones. There is no need to worry about safety either because the crib is totally safe to use.
This crib is available in 6 different colors, and you can choose from white, black, driftwood, espresso, pebble grey, or whitewash. You also get a feature of adjustable mattress height. For this crib, the dimensions are 56.7 x 29.8 x 43.2 inches, and the crib weighs around 50.3 pounds. The manufacturer uses wood for this crib. The paint used is also non-toxic, and the crib is very sturdy. It is undoubtedly built to last throughout the lifetime of your child.
6. Dream on Me, Carson Classic 3 in 1 Convertible Crib in White
If you do not wish to buy any expensive cribs and if you are really searching for one of the most affordable cribs, then you really need to check out the price of this crib because it is one of the most affordable cribs available on our list.
This is a 3 in 1 crib which is loaded with features. The best part about the crib is that you can simply fold the crib to store it, and there is no need to disassemble the crib. Also, the crib is dual hooded, and it comes with safety locking wheels as well.
The crib can easily be converted to a day bed or to a toddler bed, and you also get three-position support for a mattress, which is a must-have feature. In terms of safety, the product meets all CPSC and ASTM standards, and the crib also uses safe non-toxic paint. You can choose between 6 colors for this crib, and the dimensions of the crib are 54 x 31 x 46 inches. As per the information available, the warranty offered on this crib is valid for three months. To be specific, you get protection against defects in material or workmanship during the warranty period.
7. Babyletto Hudson 3-in-1 Convertible Crib with Toddler Bed Conversion Kit
On number 7, we have a crib from Babyletto, and this is a quite well-designed crib. The design really appeals to everyone, and at the same time, it is also a 3 in 1 convertible crib. The downside here is that it is a little expensive, but you can check Amazon for discounts on this product.
The crib is green guard gold certified, which means that it is free of 10,000 toxic chemicals and 360 VOCs. Since this is a 3 in 1 convertible crib, it can be converted into a toddler bed or day bed as per our needs.
The material used to manufacture this convertible crib is pine wood, which is of really high quality, and just like other cribs, this is also CPSC and ASTM certified. There is a huge range of colors available in this mattress, as you can choose from 8 different colors. The dimensions for this crib are 54 x 29.8 x 35 inches, and the crib comes with a 1-year standard warranty. It is also quite easy to assemble the crib. The parts included are very sturdy, so you would not face any quality-related issues here.
8. Athena Naomi 4 in 1 Crib with Toddler Rail
Next on our list is a 4 in 1 convertible crib from Athena. It is one of the best crib available, and it also has excellent customer feedback. This crib comes with a toddler rail, which is often included as an add-on purchase. You can check out this high-quality crib.
The main advantage of purchasing this crib is that it comes with 4 level mattress height adjustment, and it is also very sturdy. As per the manufacturer, the crib meets JPMA standards along with other US safety standards. This is another reason why you would not have to worry about the safety of your child if you purchase this crib.
You do not get man color choice here, and the two standard colors available are white and espresso. The dimensions of the crib are 53 x 29 x 6 inches, and the total weight of the crib is 51 pounds. The manufacturer recommends using the crib until the child reaches a weight of 35 pounds. The crib looks really good, and even though you do not have many options to choose in terms of colors, you will be overall satisfied with the look and feel of Athena Naomi 4 in 1 crib.
9. Million Dollar Baby Classic Ashbury 4-in-1 Convertible Crib
Do not be scared with the name of the product because it is not a million-dollar crib, but it costs just a few hundred dollars, but it offers a comfortable sleep to the baby, which is surely worth over million dollars for you.
If you purchase the conversion kit, then you can convert the crib into the toddler bed, day bed, or a full-size bed. From the safety perspective, the crib is ASTM and CPSC certified. This crib also uses New Zealand Pine wood which makes it look really elegant/
The colors available in this crib are white, manor grey, and espresso. You also get a drawer under the crib, which is an additional storage space for you. You can store baby supplies or even toys in this under storage. In terms of maximum weight, you can use the crib till the baby reaches 50 pounds, and if you decide to convert this into a full bed, then the weight limit increases to 500 pounds. The brand also offers a warranty of 1 year on the product. The dimensions of this 4 in 1 crib are 59.1 x 30.8 x 49.9 inches.
10. Evolur Aurora 5-in-1 Convertible Crib
Having a new baby in your home is a joy forever, and Evolur Aurora 5-in-1 Convertible Crib, Blush Pink Pearl, only helps in accentuating this joy. The crib that is built of high-quality hardwood and veneer with an exquisite design keeps the safety of your kid as most important.
The height of the mattress is kept high in order to prevent the kid from hurting himself. With non-movable railings, Evolur Aurora 5-in-1 Convertible Crib, Blush Pink Pearl comes along with a conversion kit that converts the crib into a comfortable headboard.
With a dimension of 58x32x54, the crib is designed in the most fashionable ways to attract your baby to the crib. To give your baby girl the feel of the mother around, the design of the crib has a Queen embedded within. The convertible crib weighs light as well, along with the fine sculptures embedded into it that makes it beautiful.
The amazing whimsical design can convert into a toddler bed, day bed, or even a full-sized bed as and when the need arises with such a heavy brand name and such an exquisite product, lavishness and comfort ooze out of the product that is aimed to make your baby girl feel special.
So you have now seen the list of the best baby cribs, and if you are still confused, then do not worry. We have compiled a buying guide for you so that you can find the best baby crib for your baby. Refer to the section below for the buying guide.
How to Choose the Right Baby Crib for Your Baby?
It is essential to choose the right baby crib, and the factors that you must consider while buying a baby crib are
Type of Crib – The first choice that you need to make is the type of cribs. Most people opt for a convertible crib, and this could also be the perfect choice for you. We have listed the different types of cribs available in the section above, and you can refer to the same to get more details.
Storage Space – You can check if your crib has storage space. With a baby, you would need a lot of extra storage space to store diapers, food, and even toys. Some cribs come with storage space under the crib, and that can be of great benefit to you. You can also opt for multi-function cribs that come with a unit of drawers.
Safety Standards – Cribs can be dangerous if not used properly, and each country has a set of safety standards that ensures the safety of the baby by following design standards. You can refer to the local safety standards in the country and ensure that the crib manufacturer complies with those safety standards.
Ventilation – Some of the cribs can be really cramped, and in such a case, they might not offer proper ventilation. Steer clear of such cribs and opt for the ones which provide a good amount of ventilation to your baby.
Mattress – Most of the crib comes with a baby mattress that fits into the crib, but some might now. Check this before purchasing, and if your crib doesn’t come with a mattress, then you must also check the type of mattress compatible with the crib along with the availability of the mattress that you need.
Installation – You will get the crib in disassembled form, and hence you will have to work a little to get the crib ready. This involves basic DIY installation, so you must check the ease of assembly or installation. Some of the cribs might need professional installation, and our advice is not to opt for such cribs.
Add-on Purchase – If you are purchasing a convertible crib, then most likely, you will be buying the add-on parts for the crib, which will help you in the future to convert the crib into something else. You can check the cost of the add-on purchases as this can sometimes get a little expensive.
Color & Design – You must also look at the design of the crib, and it should match up with the interiors of the room. Most of the cribs are available in many colors and finishes. You can also check for different colors and finally opt for the one which you love the most.
Other Features – It is also worth checking for additional features. These features can include safety wheels and points to attach toys for the baby. You can get many other options, and you really need to explore the product to find them.
Cost and Review – the Last point to consider is the cost of the crib. You can get the same type of crib in a different price range. Moreover, you can get the discount of the crib if you check out the price of the crib online. Apart from the price, you must also check the reviews of the crib, and to get a transparent picture, and you can refer to user reviews on Amazon.
What are the Benefits of Baby Crib?
As mentioned earlier, the baby spends almost 20 hours sleeping, and hence itis very important for you to get a comfortable sleeping space for the baby. The cribs provide that safe and comfy space to the baby, which also reduces the chance of the baby getting injured when he is sleeping on a full-size bed. The cribs also minimize the chance of baby falling down because the cribs have high rails.
The cribs can later be converted to a toddler bed or a day bed depending on the crib you purchase and hence offering you additional benefit in the development stages of the baby.
Baby Crib Safety – Do’s and don’ts
Baby Cribs have become safer with time, but there are certain things that you must take care of while using a baby crib. Here are more details about the same.
Dos of Using a Baby Crib
- Choose crib Carefully – As a thumb rule, you need to choose the crib very carefully. Check for the safety standards it complies with and checks other details as well before buying a crib.
- Use Bedding Made for Cribs – Always use the bedding or the mattress, which is designed for the crib. Do not opt for a cheap mattress as this can be uncomfortable for the baby.
- Follow Instructions – Each crib comes with the instructions. Always follow the instructions while assembling the crib and while using the crib. This would ensure that the baby remains safe.
- Secure Latches Properly – If you have drop rails in the crib then ensure that you secure the latches properly. Also, ensure that there is no obstruction while you are doing so.
- Inspect Regularly – There are some moving parts in the crib, and you must inspect them carefully. If you notice any wear and tear, then change the part immediately and do not use the crib until you replace the crib.
- Put Baby on Back – Some people often put the baby on the side or on the stomach, but this is not advisable. You must always put the baby on the back as that also offers a comfortable sleeping position to the baby.
- Dress Baby in Warm Clothes – If you live in a place where the temperature remains too low, then it is advisable to dress the baby in warm clothes instead of using a blanket. The blanket can lead to an accident because it can entangle with the baby.
- Feed Baby before Putting in Crib – It is also advisable to feed the baby before you put the baby in the crib. A lot of parents feed the baby after putting the baby in the crib, and it is something that you must not do.
Don’ts of Using a Crib
- Don’t Use Broken Crib – As mentioned earlier, inspect the crib daily, and if you notice any broken part, then do not use it at all until the crib is repaired. Using a broken crib can post a danger to the baby.
- Don’t use Blanket or toys – A lot of people uses a blanket with the crib, or they give toys to the baby while the baby is in the crib. This can be a choking hazard, and it is again something that you must totally avoid.
- Don’t Hang Toys over The Crib – It is also advisable to not to hang toys over the crib or not to keep the cribs near windows blind. If something falls, then they can not only injure the baby, but they can also be a choking risk.
- Don’t Use Electric Blanket – Using an electric blanket is a strict no. Electric blankets also pose a fire hazard, which is something very dangerous as well.
- Don’t lift the baby From Crib – It is also not advisable to lift the baby from the crib. Instead, drop down the side rail and then pick the baby.
- Don’t Use a crib with less Space – As per the standard rule, do not buy or use a crib that has slates further than 2 3/8 inches and also does not use a crib that has corner ports with over 1/16th inch high. Both these things pose a major risk to the baby, and they can cause serious injury as well.
Before you choose the baby crib for your baby, you can also check out the buying guide, and please don’t forget to check the baby crib safety guide, which is also listed here as safety is of utmost importance for you and your family.